Tuesday, May 17, 2016

LIGHTSABER ENVY - COMIC STRIP

Recently I created the Instagram account @tokyotoybastard and have been taking a lot of photos of my toy collection. The photos are usually on clean white backgrounds and look nice enough, but I wanted to experiment a bit with what I could do. So I made this dumb comic strip using photographs of vintage Star Wars action figures that I took. You might notice that I sort of recycled a joke from my WHY WERE STAR WARS TOYS SO SH!TTY? article... 

Anyway, this little exercise brought me back to my high school days when I used to read Twisted ToyFare Theater and draw my own demented comic strips. I wrote down a ton of ideas for more of this nonsense, so if you enjoyed this one, let me know and I will definitely make more :)


DON'T EAT THE YELLOW LIGHTSABER:
.  .  .

No comments:

Post a Comment